Thursday, September 17, 2009

The worst thing in the world

The worst thing in the world happened to me last weekend. In short, I wasn't training anything for almost 3 full days. I know, you're saying to yourself "How did he let this happen?". Well, let me tell how a bunch of different factors combined to make me do one of the most unforgivable things in Eve: waste training time.

So it all started last Friday when I was contemplating a clone jump back to my corp's primary base of operation. I had jumped a few days before to one of our low sec bases to do some mining with the corp, and was thinking about heading back to high sec to grind some standing.

In preparing for my clone jump, I paused my training queue and left my ship, but then I reconsidered the jump. I contemplated using a shuttle to get back instead, and after a while I just decided to stay where I was. I got out of Eve and did some real life stuff. Notice the step that I left out: unpausing my skill training.

Under normal circumstances, I would have logged in a few hours later and noticed my paused training, but last weekend I was out of town and while I took my laptop, I could not find usable Internet access. Net result: over 2 days wasted training time.

I discovered the problem on Sunday night when I got back home and logged in. I expected to be done with Amarr Cruiser 4, a 5 day training skill, and instead I still had 4 days training left. Ugh...

Anyway, long story short: if you are going to be away from the game for a while, make sure that you are actively training a skill with a long training time. Don't do the worst thing in the world like I did.

3 comments:

  1. I've lost a ton of time on not having skills training before the skill queue was added, and I am sure the queue has saved me from potentially losing even more.

    I don't think this is a mistake you're going to make again anytime soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahh sweat it not...RL > EvE...so you miss 3 days :) you'll make it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I'm not really that torn up about it, but I was disappointed when I thought I'd be done with a skill and I'd barely started it...

    ReplyDelete