Saturday, September 5, 2009

Damn you, ISK sellers!

Well, as you may have noticed, I turned on Google ads on this blog. As you probably know, Blogspot.com is owned by Google, and turning on the ads was really easy, so I figured "what the heck, I'll put them up but put them in an out of the way location, and if anyone clicks on something, I'll make a few cents."

Well, thanks to the ISK sellers and their paying Google for ad placement on Eve-related web sites, basically every ad ever shown is a freaking ISK seller ad, and I know that no self-respecting reader of my blog is going to click on one of those things. So basically, there is little to no chance for anyone using Google's AdSense service on an Eve-related site to ever make any money because of the ISK sellers. I know that that is not a big deal for me since I'm just blogging for fun, but other folks out there are trying to run a business and the ISK sellers are damaging that as well.

I'm going to go ahead and keep the ads up for a bit longer to see if Google will realize that the ISK ads aren't working and show something else. I hope you don't mind...

1 comment:

  1. There's filtering options in Adsense that can let you filter by keywords which ads appear on your site, but it's an imperfect art.

    At risk of shamelessly plugging, you could have a look at http://www.isksense.com/ - it's designed for EVE sites, uses ISK for all transactions, and it's entirely ISK-seller-free.

    ReplyDelete