Monday, October 12, 2009

Ratting is fun (so far...)

As I mentioned, our corp has moved into a wormhole recently. We have run some sleeper sites and have done some mining, but there are times when things are quiet in the WH, which leaves me looking for something to do. A corpmate suggested ratting in the belts outside the WH, which I tried out last night. So far, it's actually pretty fun.

The WH is in low sec space, so I've been going out in a battleship fitted with 3 big guns (for long range targets), 3 medium guns (for medium and short range targets), drones (for medium and short range targets), a tractor beam and a salvager (for salvage, of course). This set up seems to be working out for me in killing and cleaning up. I also keep an eye on local to determine if I need to warp out to safety.

I seem to be able to keep myself pretty busy in this way, while making a bit of ISK, accumulating salvage for our T2 builds, and building sec status. All in all, a pretty good thing.

3 comments:

  1. No offense, but that fit sounds horrible! If you can't properly take on targets in a battleship, try using a battlecruiser or cruiser instead. The mass effect on your wormhole will be drastically less, and you'll probably actually be able to rat faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive never heard anyone use different types of guns either? i dunno what class wh youre in, but ive soloed class 2/3 with hacs and command ships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Everyone thinks my fit stinks! So here's the deal: I was told I need long range guns in a WH to reach sleepers that may be 80km away, hence the Tachyon Beam Lasers. Unfortunately, these use so much power grid that I can only fit 3. I then figured I should add some firepower, and often have issues hitting fast moving targets close in, so I added a set of smaller guns to support (hence, 3 large beam lasers). Finally, I top off with some cap transfer and (soon) remote rep and there you have it.

    Obviously, this is not a fit that a very skilled pilot with lots of ISK would fit, but it's what I came up with. I do love the feedback, though!

    I think I might post my fit from EFT and you guys can rip it apart!

    ReplyDelete