Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wormholes are cool

Over the past weekend, we set up operations in a wormhole and are having fun getting used to living and working in a wormhole. From a miners perspective, the WH has been amazing with some incredible asteroids to mine. On the downside, it is pretty easy for someone to sneak up on you, since you can't see them in local.

I leave it up to my corpmates to find baddies in the system, while I focus on mining. This is mostly because I really don't know how to find them other than running the scanner every so often.

Anyway, we're pretty well set up now, and I have even moved a battleship into the WH so I can even help out with some sleepers if needed.

Long story short, I think we're going to like it here!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to W space! Hope things go well and profits are huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, good luck in Wspace!

    A tip with the scanner is to click off "use active overview settings" and look for scan probes near you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...other than running the scanner every so often."

    Do yourself a big favor and make this a routine to be done every 1.3 secs. It won't keep you entirely safe as a good prober can find you, recall probes, and call in mates quickly, but it will sure help you 9 times out of 10. that and keep aligned as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete